Welcome to our Weight Loss Challenge!
Contest Starts March 1st, 2019
Over the course of 14 weeks, we are challenging you to help your pets lose that extra weight!
Did you know that over half of the pet population is overweight? A similar percentage of pet owners have tried to help their pets to lose weight. Some succeed, but many pets either keep on the pounds or gain them back. But don't be disheartened! We're here to help your pet lose that weight and keep it off! And you can win some cool prizes as well!! Prize winners will be announced at our Open House on June 1st.
Every contestant that reaches their goal weight will get a prize!! Those that reach their goal weight will also be eligible for the Grand Prize!
The dog and cat that reached their goal weight and lost the most percentage of their starting body weight will win the Grand Prize!
- Grand Prize - Value of up to $230!!
- Dogs: Six months of HeartGard or NexGard AND a large bag of prescription diet food!
- Cats: Six months of Revolution AND a large bag of prescription diet food!
- Contest runs March 1, 2019 - May 31, 2019
- Contestants must be VCMC patients, meaning they must have had an exam with a VCMC veterinarian within the last year, must be 18 months or older, and have a body condition score of 7/9 or greater (meaning they must be overweight or obese).
- Pet Owners must sign a photo release form for their pet.
- Pet Owners must bring their pet in for a Free Weight Exam between March 1st and March 31st to determine the pet's goal weight and to formulate a weight loss plan with a doctor. *Please note that a fee may be charged if other issues are discussed and/or treated.
- Pet Owners must commit to bringing their pet in every other week after the Free Weight Exam for a weight check. During the weight checks, we will also be taking pictures of your pet so you can easily see the progress.
- The first weigh-in must take place between March 1st and March 31st. The final weigh-in must be before May 31st.